Search ShannaBelle Cooks

Saturday, July 18, 2009

My Favorite Salad Dressing

Since a major part of dealing with Candida is to consume more greens, it was important to find a healthy alternative for bottled salad dressing. I found this recipe on a website that I cannot locate again, I will be sure to give kudos when I do. I use this dressing on a salad with numerous greens, craisins, hemp seeds, sunflower seeds, goat cheese (I am also lactose intolerant), boiled egg and anything else that sounds tempting at the time. I am sure you will love it!


Goddess-at-home Dressing


Rating: ★★★★★

Categories: Marinades/Seasonings

Total Time: 5m

Makes: 1 cup


Ingredients

½ cup extra virgin olive oil

3 tbsp tahini

2 tbsp apple cider vinegar

½ tbsp tamari

½ tbsp lemon juice

1 clove garlic, pressed

pinch salt

1 teasp parsley, chopped

1 teasp chives, chopped

water as desired


Method

Warning - this stuff is addictive, which is fine if you're trying to

put some fat on your skinny boyfriend


Place all ingredients in a jar with a tight fitting lid. Shake gently

until mixed. The longer you shake, the thicker it will get. Add

water to receive desired consistency (water also dilutes flavor,

so try not to shake it more than you need to).


Its also good as a dip if you shake it a lot.


This is my version of a store bought dressing. You may need to

play slightly with the proportions since I don't measure.



1 comment:

  1. This recipe was given to me by "miscy' a few months ago and I can say I am hooked on it.

    ReplyDelete

Followers