Search ShannaBelle Cooks

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Today I am thankful that God is great and God is good. After eleven days of patiently waiting for word from the neurologist, it must not be life threatening. Surely they would have called us in ASAP if it were, no? Still the anxiety of waiting is horrid.

I am thankful that finally it feels as if we are on the upswing of things. You know how everyone goes through those ups and downs? We are on the upside again for who knows how long. Probably until the Dr. calls back.

I am thankful that my bread dough turned out today - just the right amount of humidity and temperature, and my focus on what was going on. I was able to make 1/2 dozen Kraut Bierock, 1/2 dozen ham N cheese "hot pockets" and a sheet pan of Cherry Rivvel Kuchen. All of which were phe-nom-i-nal thank you very much. I was also able to resurrect yesterday's overdone sourdough loaf, making them into croutons for salad. All in all it was a good day.

Until that nurse called from the doctor's office. Why can't they be prepared with all the info you need when they call? Or when you return their message? Hmmm.

I am thankful my hubby is still by my side right here, right now, and I can only pray that it will continue for years and years to come.

Lord I am thankful, but please give me a boost.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers