Search ShannaBelle Cooks

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Mom's Chocolate Chip Cookies

This cookie recipe was handed down by an ex-sorta-sister-in-law. They were once named after her, but things have changed and my son T has given me permission to rename them after myself, since I am the only one who makes them anymore.

They are absolutely delish, especially when made into huge 3 inch cookies. The rule in our house is two for snack, lunch or dessert and no more. Otherwise they would be devoured within 30 minutes flat. They are super simple to make, and use ingredients readily available in any well stocked pantry.

Mom's Chocolate Chip Cookies

Printable Recipe

1 cup shortening
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar

Cream together in large bowl. Add:

2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla

Cream again. Gradually add:

1 1/2 cup flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon soda

When thoroughly combined add:

1 1/2 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup coconut
1/2 bag white chocolate chips
1/2 bag milk chocolate chips

Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes for regular size cookies, 14-15 minutes for larger cookies.

I have a photo to post, but until I locate my USB cord for my camera, it is forever locked in memory!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers