Search ShannaBelle Cooks

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Saturday Rant

Seriously the past few weeks have been quite odd. I swear there has been full moon since mid July! Tomorrow needs to be an ordinary Sunday. Or I may just fly off the face of the earth in an ear-piercing tail-spin.

Today has been one of those days. I woke up hungry as the dickens (what does that mean anyway?). I had a Corned beef brisket in the fridge from Thursday. I promptly put it in the crock pot at 7 am, waking every living soul in our home. They were not happy but I was cooking! A few hours later I remembered we had also purchased a pig butt - I was craving Carnitas on Friday. Sooooooo, why not do it all?

I didn't have the Cabbage I needed for the Corned Beef, so I sent son #4 to the store to procure that for me. I began the Carnitas because I heard it was a really long drawn out process and I figured the CB&C would be ready by noon. Hubby came home from work and I realized I needed Cilantro for the Carnitas - so I sent son #3 to the store for that. After all, HE let the herb garden die while the rest of us were on family vacation, which he refused to attend. Teenagers are too cool for that or some such nonsense. Something is amiss with the Crock Pot, so here we are at 2pm and the CB&C still isn't done. Shoe leather.

I have to admit, the scents of both meals are tantalizing! Reminds me of when we owned the Diner. With less bullsh*t. Chef Tess Bakeresse has a really cool Crock Pot on her website, I'll have to check it out again and get a new one for myself. One cannot live without a Crock Pot, whether it be hot or cold outside/inside, it is an indispensable kitchen item.

So here I sit, waiting patiently for something to happen. My poor stomach thinks my throat has been slit and why the heck isn't anything coming down here? It smells the aromas of multitudes of yummies, but still nothing is happening. Oh yeah, I put the Sourdough on to rise this morning too, and it is just sitting there looking like a pale rendition of the 1960's BLOB. If something doesn't happen quick, I may just need to go to bed until morning and start anew. Am I the only one this happens to? Or just the only one pathetic enough to blog about it? Mothers with 5+ children should be exempt from this, no?

Oh well, tomorrow I will post photos of the end result of the two main dish Saturday, providing I can make the camera function for me. Gosh, it's good to be humbly and fumbly.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers